An excellent opportunity arises to purchase a 75% SHARE OF THIS TWO BEDROOMED GROUND FLOOR APARTMENT situated in this 'Extra Care' facility in the Langney area of Eastbourne. This particularly spacious apartment is modern inside having been built in 2012. The accommodation comprises a spacious entrance hall, open plan living/dining room and kitchen with access to a private patio, two bedrooms and a wet room. The property is served by the lifeline pull cord system as well as having an onsite care agency available to residents. The building is designed to bridge the gap between conventional retirement blocks and nursing homes. Additional facilities inside the building include 2 resident lounges, a hobby room, laundry room and an onsite restaurant. Residents parking is available to the rear with visitor parking located to the front.

The accommodation

Comprises:

Front door opening to:

Communal Entrance Hall

Private front door opening to:

Hall

Cupboard housing fuses, airing cupboard.

Living Room 5.92m x 3.43m (19'5 x 11'3)

Television point, telephone point, lifeline pull cord, window to rear with views over communal gardens, door to private patio.

Private Patio

Open Plan Kicthen 3.51m x 2.36m (11'6 x 7'9)

Being open plan to the living room - having a modern selection of eye and base level units with work surface, stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, integrated oven, electric hob with extractor, space for fridge freezer.

Bedroom 1 4.24m x 3.33m (13'11 x 10'11)

Television point, window to rear, lifeline pull cord, door to:

Wet Room

Being a 'Jack' and 'Jill' design accessible from the master bedroom and the entrance hall, having shower, wash hand basin, low level wc, lifeline pull cord, part tiled walls, extractor fan.

Bedroom 2 3.18m x 2.36m (10'5 x 7'9)

Window to rear, lifeline pull cord.

Communal Facilities

Communal facilities include parking for residents and visitor parking, on-site restaurant, 2 residents lounges, hobbies room and laundry room.

N.B

The vendor has advised us of the following:

The purchase price is for a 75% Share of the property, there is no rent payable on the remaining 25%, however, this enables the Housing Association to ensure the flats are occupied by the appropriate people.

The minimum age for occupancy in the development is 60.

The property can only be occupied by somebody who requires extra care of some kind and an interview with the scheme manager will be required to confirm suitability.

Monthly charges apply from the 1st April 2021 to 31st March 2022 and consists of the following:

Communal service charges £3825 per annum
Leasehold & personal charges £1082.95 per annum
Support line charge £32.28

There is an on-site restaurant which is subsidised within the monthly cost, however there is still a small charge for a meal in the restaurant.

There is an in-house care agency that works from the building who can provide care at additional cost if required.

The Housing Association are Saxon Weald.

The lease is 125 years from 2012.

It should be noted that the property is classed as Social Housing and so it must be owned by the occupant.

The property is served with underfloor heating which is covered by the service charge as is the hot water.

Local shopping facilities are available within Pembury Road with further shopping facilities available at the Langney Shopping Centre. Eastbourne's town centre with its mainline railway station and comprehensive shopping facilities is approximately three and a half miles distant.

VIEWING ARRANGEMENTS

All appointments are to be made through TAYLOR ENGLEY. We are open 7 days a week

OPENING HOURS

We are open:-
8:45am - 5:45pm weekdays
9:00am - 5:30pm Saturdays
10:00am - 4:00pm Sundays

FOR CLARIFICATION

For clarification we wish to inform prospective purchasers that we have prepared these sales particulars as a general guide. We have not carried out a detailed survey nor tested the services, appliances & specific fittings. Room sizes cannot be relied upon for carpets and furnishings.

Taylor Engley is a trading name of Taylor Engley Limited, registered office Railview Lofts, 19c Commercial Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex BN21 3XE, company number 5477238, registered in England and Wales.

  • 'EXTRA CARE' APARTMENT
  • TWO BEDROOMS
  • GROUND FLOOR
  • PRIVATE PATIO
  • ON-SITE RESTAURANT
  • RESIDENTS AND VISITOR PARKING
  • SCHEME MANAGER AND LIFT LINE SYSTEM
  • COMMUNAL LOUNGE AND GAMES ROOM
  • ON-SITE CAR AGENCY
  • CHAIN FREE
Floorplan for Cranbrook, Pembury Road, Eastbourne
EPC Graph for Cranbrook, Pembury Road, Eastbourne

Get a free valuation

Find out how much your property is worth